Your Way to Islam
III- THE GREAT TRIP
1. If you become convinced that Islam is the true religion,
2. Seek a trustworthy Islamic authority such as an Islamic Center, a mosque, or an Islamic Organization.
3. Contact the person in charge and tell him about your wish to embrace Islam.
4. The person in charge will ask you some questions to know how far you are convinced with Islam.
5. This pamphlet will provide you with answers for such questions.
6. Before you reach that honorable occasion, i.e., declaring conversion to Islam, wash the whole of your body with the intention of converting to Islam. It is also recommended for this very special occasion, to shave under-arm and pubic hair, dress up, and apply a pleasant-smelling perfume to the body.
HOW TO DECLARE
1. To achieve this, it is sufficient to say (in Arabic, if possible):
A. 'Ash-hadu 'an la ilaha 'illal-lah!
B. Wa 'ash-hadu 'an-na Muhammadan rasulul-lah
C. Wa 'ash-hadu 'an-na `Isa abdul-lahi wa rasuluh
D. Bari'tu min kulli dinin yukhalifu dinal-Islam
The meaning of this is as follows:
A. I bear witness that there is no (true) god except Allah.
B. And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah’s Messenger.
C. And I bear witness that Jesus is the slave and messenger of Allah.
D. I deny and refuse any religion except Islam.
Also you can say:
1. I (firmly) believe in Allah, His Angels, His scriptures, His Messengers, the Last Day, the predestination of good or bad.
2. I promise Allah not to associate with Him (in worship) any other thing (whatsoever), and,
3. I will steadfastly perform Salat (the Five Prayers), and
4. I will give out Zakat (special Islamic system of charity), and
5. I will never steal, and
6. Never commit adultery (or fornication), and
7. Never illegally kill a person, and
8. Never disobey Allah.
9. Praise be to Allah Who has guided me to belief!
Note: The person in charge, in front of whom a new Muslim has announced his conversion to Islam, prays Allah for him with such prayers: Allah may forgive me and you! And Allah may accept (submission) from me and you! O Allah! Accept him with those on whom You did bestow your Grace, of Prophets, the Sincere (lovers of Truth), the Witnesses, and the Righteous! What a beautiful Fellowship!