Q / A
01. Calling to Islam Issues
Sorry, this was long.
You have raised a number of important queries:
(1) How can we help Christians to realize the falseness of some of their basic beliefs, e.g. that Jesus was sent for salvation of all mankind from the original sin committed by Adam?
(2) How to prove that Qur’an is the true authentic book of God?
(3) What can the youth do to support the Muslim nation out of its setbacks?
(1) The answer to the first question can be found in the text of the Bible itself. The concept of Original sin and atonement has never been mentioned or referred to by Jesus. It was the Church, after Paul who has never met Jesus, that imposed this as a central concept to the Christian beliefs, i.e., that: i) Jesus is the son of God, and that ii) although divine and part of the Holy Trinity, he was sent in a human shape in order to be iii) crucified and then to rise from death, so that iv) by sacrificing His beloved son, those who accept this story would be saved from punishment for the sin inherited by all humanity from one person, i.e. Adam.
Yet, neither of these claims could be attributed to Jesus anywhere in the Bible. On the contrary, both the Old Testament and New Testament contain statements opposing and refuting such beliefs. Few examples can be cited here regarding the concept of inherited sin and atonement: “The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin” (Deuteronomy 24:16); “But every one shall die for his own iniquity (Jeremiah 31: 30); “The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the inequity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him” (Ezekiel 18: 20); “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure mete, it shall be measured to you again (Matthew 7:1,2); “Now he that planteth and he watereth are one; and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour” (I Corinthians 3: 8).
To sum up, Allah is Just and All-Forgiving, how could one believe that the sin of one person is inherited by all his human creatures!! You can read more about these topics in: www.sultan.org, www.todayislam.com
(2) Material miracles are proofs limited only to those peoples or generations who witnessed them. All prophets before Muhammad, peace be upon him, were sent to specific nations, in terms of place or time. Islam, in its final form is the terminal message of Allah to ALL humanity and to the END of time. Hence, the proofs of Islam should be permanent and suitable to convince the intellect of all generations everywhere. Qur’an is that standing intellectual miracle, not only for its inimitable language, which in itself is an indisputable proof, but also in terms of its content of scientific facts and prophecies fulfilled. These were far beyond human knowledge at the time of revelation and for several centuries to come. Much of these proofs were only verified quite recently, and probably other proofs will be realized later. There are tens of such proofs related to: the nature, shape and motion of the planet Earth; to the nature and mechanisms of clouds and rain formation; to the nature and sources of rivers, groundwater and seas; to the origin, nature and development of the Cosmos at large with its stars, planets and versatile forms of life therein; to the human embryology in terms of origination, stages, heredity and; to animal life and its classes, role of water, being in pairs, and precise specific features of bees, ants and cattle; to proper medical and health practice in foods, drinks, hygiene and avoiding damaging acts and behavior; to a series of prophecies mentioned in the Qur’an and revealed through the Prophet’s Hadiths that materialized and are still materializing nowadays. It is not possible to elaborate any further in this brief answer, but you can refer to: www.islam-for-everyone.com, www.islam-guide.com, www.it-is-truth.org, www.science4islam.com
(3) How to support the victory of Islam? This is quite a broad issue, as there is no single prescription that fits every Muslim. Every Muslim has a role for which he can be guided provided he meets the following conditions: be faithful and sincere to Allah that you want to devote everything in your life to the cause of Islam, remember that we are all entrusted (each within his own capacity) to spread the guidance of Islam and apply its righteous model everywhere, and that Muslims should be one coherent cooperating nation. Then you have to prepare yourself with a clear and integrated knowledge of Islam as a comprehensive message and way of life (Sources, Faith, Worship, Conduct and Legislation). Let what you learned guide your behavior and action in all aspects of life: personal worship and daily life, in family bondage and in social charity and services, and in the broader solidarity and help of Muslims everywhere. Try to convey what you have learnt to others and influence them to cooperate in applying proper Islam at home, in public life, and in fostering the unity of the Muslim world at large.